Today’s election results have started to only trickle in, but the verdict on the first ever Social Media Command Center for a political convention was an emphatic success.
Visit St. Pete/Clearwater partnered with Visit Tampa Bay and organizations across the region to filter the non-political Twitter talk on #TampaBay to help feature the destination during the Republican National Convention.
With a hurricane threatening #TampaBay as the RNC began, among many other convention-related issues, the sentiment for the region on Twitter was undecided. Several weeks later, the positive sentiment had nearly doubled and the overall impression of #TampaBay was a positive one.
Contributing to this was more than 6,300 Tweets pushed out from the Social Media Command Center partnership during the week of the RNC. A significant part of that were the more than 2,800 Tweets from the three travel tourism organizations (VSPC, Visit Tampa Bay and Visit Florida) who have interests in the #TampaBay market.
In all, 711 people engaged with the Social Media Command Center in five days, which equaled 1,612 Tweets that could have been seen by more than 2 million people equaling a potential of more than 6 million impressions.
Here are some other staggering numbers from the unprecedented new-media collaboration.
- +380,000: Conversations captured by the filters.
- 55,000: Average of conversations per day pulled after filter.
- 32,000: Average of conversations reviewed by curators per day.
- 2,300: Average of conversations curator would see in an hour.
- VSPC’s Twitter account was the second-most active in the partnership.
- +500: Tweets sent by SMCC on business day.
- +60: VIP tours of the SMCC